Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Donald Glover's 'Weirdo' (visual montage)

Ever since I discovered Donald Glover on Community, I’ve been a fan of his comedic style. A few months ago, I saw Donald’s comedy special Weirdo, which is one of the most entertaining hours of comedy I’ve ever experienced. His topics range from pop culture to childhood stories to fun subjects like ‘the n word’, rape, and poop. Adding to the hilarious material is Glover’s ability to emote, mimic, dance, and do vocal impressions. His facial expressions are my favourite aspects.

Inspired by how visually entertaining Glover is during Weirdo, and intrigued by the idea of making a ‘fan-video’, I made this visual montage, which features just about every mood and funny action Glover does during his stand-up routine. There’s no audio from the performance, instead I added ‘Soul Clap 69’ by Booker T and the MGs, and ‘Get There From Here’ by Ben Harper. I highly recommend checking out the full-length Weirdo, but I hope that this video is entertaining whether you’ve seen the show or not.

I’ll write a more in-depth post about Community some day soon, today it’s all about Donald Glover. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment