Sunday, July 29, 2012

Chris (Leader of The Hunters) says...

'I don't think I had a chance to introduce myself before. I'm Chris. It's good to meet you. You probably think I'm crazy, and I understand that, why wouldn't you? But I'm not, none of us are. I don't expect you to believe that, but it's important for me to say it...Well mister, the good news here is that you're not dead yet. That's good right? And please, don't read too much into the word 'yet' -- It'll just drive you crazy. There's an order to how things work now, and it's unfortunate for some...the way things work...but my friends and I -- we didn't create this situation. We're just living with it. Just like you. We play the hand we're dealt. We don't want to hurt you. We didn't want to pull you away from your group--scare you like this...there aren't things we want to do -- they're things we have to do. So I promise you...none of this is personal...but at the end of the day, no matter how much we may detest the ugly business...A man's gotta eat.'

-Chris, Leader of the Hunters (Issue 63, Part 2/4 of the 'Fear the Hunters' arc, The Walking Dead, written by Robert Kirkman, 2009)

No comments:

Post a Comment