Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Excerpt from Parts of Noah (3): Zeus's Theory

Of course Zeus had a theory, what he claimed was a real life story.

-Had to have been eight years old, I’m telling ya. I never really had a guardian, you know, I’d just drift around from house to house, place to place, rely on the kindness of others for survival. I’m not saying I killed a dog, but I did play a part in sending a bullet off into the air, by way of microwave. Never told a lie and still have not, that’s what makes me a good dealer, a good friend, and a good man. Me and these two little buddies of mine, old man was just dead sleeping on the couch, and we start fucking around, you know, ripping the house apart, playing some treasure hunt game. Don’t remember a damn thing about my younger days, just the facts but no real memory, except this one. This little buddy finds me playing with the blue chemicals under the sink, he had a bullet in his fingers. Now we couldn’t find a gun no matter where we looked, but we had imaginations like little devils. I tell ya, we didn’t have a clue what the bullet was, but it was instinct that we’d knew it’d explode. It might have been my idea, who really knows where these things come from. Microwave was eye level with me on the counter in this clean little kitchen, this quaint little home of this family, these people that just invited me in. I opened the door, this little buddy of mine put the bullet in, I shut the door…

-No fucking way, Zeus. 

-Hey now..

-You’re telling me the bullet that killed my dog might have exploded from a microwave?

-It happened!  The only real memory I have and you’re not taking it away, though I never could tell you where that bullet ended up.  Hopefully not in a tree, that’s all I..

-Alright, okay.  It’s a theory, I guess.  Can we do some business?

(End of Excerpt)

This is original writing and copyright and all that fine print kind of stuff. Please credit this to Chessterr Hollowberry. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment