Friday, July 27, 2012

The Narrator and Tyler Durden say...

'With one beer each, Tyler and I spread out on the front and back seats with me in the front seat. Even now, Marla's probably still in the house, throwing magazines against the walls and screaming how I'm a prick and a monster and two-faced capitalist suck-ass bastard. The miles of night between Marla and me offer insects and melanomas and flesh-eating viruses. Where I'm at isn't so bad. 'When a man is hit by lightning,' Tyler says, 'his head burns down to a smoldering baseball and his zipper welds itself shut.' I say, did we hit bottom, tonight? Tyler lies back and asks, 'If Marilyn Monroe was alive right now, what would she be doing?' I say, goodnight. The headliner hangs down in shreds from the ceiling, and Tyler says, 'Clawing at the lid of her coffin.'

-The Narrator and Tyler Durden (Fight Club, Chuck Palahniuk, 1996)

No comments:

Post a Comment