Friday, July 20, 2012

Visual Loveburst: Images from Batman's 'Broken Bat' arc

The Dark Knight Rises was released into North American theatres today, and as a Bat-nerd, yeah, I'm excited. This is the first post of what will probably be a 3 or 4 day long Batman Lovefest. So much awesome entertainment happening in July, what a great month to be a nerd.

In preparation for the film, I've been reading Batman's 'Knightfall' series, which features a major feud between Bane and Batman, including a certain infamous back-breaking scene. So far, I've just read the 'Broken Bat' arc, but the series is made up of many arcs which crossover through the entire DC comics universe. I'll be seeing the movie on Monday, so keep an eye out for my review of that.

Today, I'll post my favourite images from the 'Broken Bat' arc. It's safe to assume (for anything entertainment-related that I post) that this will contain spoilers. This is your only warning!

I am absolutely upset and saddened about the massacre that took place at the midnight Dark Knight Rises screening in Colorado, but I'll share my feelings about this horrific event another day.

Scene from 'No Rest for the Wicked', Issue 10 from 'Broken Bat' in the Knightfall series, by Graham Nolan (penciller), Scott Hanna (inker) and Adrienne Roy (colorist), 1993

Scene from 'Burning Questions', Issue 8 from 'Broken Bat' in the Knightfall series, by Graham Nolan, Scott Hanna, and Adrienne Roy, 1993

Scene from 'Puppets', Issue 2 from 'Broken Bat' in the Knighfall series, by Norm Breyfoble (guest artist), Adrienne Roy, 1993

Scene from 'Die Laughing', Issue 9 from 'Broken Bat' in the Knightfall series, by Jim Aparo (penciller), Josef Rubinstein (inker), Adrienne Roy, 1993












Scene from 'No Rest for the Wicked' Issue 10 from 'Broken Bat' in the Knightfall series, by Graham Nolan (penciller), Scott Hanna (inker) and Adrienne Roy (colorist), 1993

Scene from 'The Broken Bat', Issue 11 from 'The Broken Bat' in the Knightfall series, by Jim Aparo, Dick Giordano (inker), Adrienne Roy, 1993

No comments:

Post a Comment