Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Gord Downie says...

'We'd like to do a song now, if we could. It explores the realm of catharsis, and my arse is capable of more flush. And adolscence, in essence, is all about trust...First, we'd climb a tree, and maybe then we'd talk, or sit silently, and listen to our thoughts, with illusions of someday, casting a golden light, no dress rehearsal, this is our life..that's where the hornet stung me, and I had a feverish dream, with revenge and doubt, tonight, we smoke them out...Stare in the morning shroud, and then the day began, I tilted your cloud, you tilted my hand, rain falls in real time, and rain fell throughthe night, no dress rehearsal, this is our life..that's when the hornet stung me, and I had a serious dream, with revenge and doubt, tonight, we smoked them out...You are ahead by a century, but this is our life, and disappointing you's gettin me down.'

Gord Downie (Intro and Lyrics from the live version of 'Ahead by a Century', Live Between Us, The Tragically Hip, 1997)

No comments:

Post a Comment