Friday, September 21, 2012

Pam Halpert says...

'And that was our summer. Don't you guys have everything? I mean, it's just a paper company. (Well, we're more following you guys to see how you turn out). Oh, yeah, I guess we were kinda dramatic in the beginning, huh. Well I don't think anything's gonna change in our lives now, with work and two kids, nothing interesting is gonna happen to us for a long long time.'

-Pam Halpert (played by Jenna Fischer, 'New Guys', written and directed by Greg Daniels, The Office, 2012)

Note: Though we've seen the Office crew speak to the cameramen all throughout the series, this is the first time we've had a 'behind the scenes' look, the cameraman actually spoke! I loved this moment from last night's Season 9 premiere, as it mocks the show's original premise, brings to light Jim and Pam's marital boredom, and really sets up that this is the last season and the characters have gone as far as they can go. I've all but given up on The Office since last season was pretty lame and unfunny, but this moment gave me some hope that there is still some development and surprises in store.

No comments:

Post a Comment