Thursday, September 6, 2012

Tom Petty says...

'I was in love with a girl on marijuana, she said, if I'm not stoned, I don't wanna, but she got so paranoid, her place I would avoid, I was in love with a girl on marijuana...I was in love with a girl on cocaine, she had everything goin but her brain, we'd talk endlessly for hours, but by morning it goes sour, I was in love with a girl on cocaine...through ecstasy, crystal meth, and glue, I've found no drug compares to you, all these pills, all this weed, I don't know just what I need...I was in love with a girl on LSD, she'd see things I'd never see, she broadened her perspective, then I got more selective, I was in love with a girl on LSD...through ecstacy, crystal meth, and glue, I've found no drug compares to you, all these pills and all this weed, I don't know just what I need...I was in love with a girl who drank beer, til bad breath and all she disappeared, she was blowing up real bad, but when she left I was still sad, I was in love with a girl who drank beer...I was in love with a girl on china white, we were married for a year one night, her memory still lingers, because I burned all my fingers, I was in love with a girl on china white...I was in love with a girl who drank coffee, there was times when I couldn't keep her off me, that caffeine got her goin, but her ugly side was showin, I was in love with a girl who drank coffee...I was in love with a girl who was a dealer, I was fraid somebody'd come and steal her, we never used to fight, but the phone rang day and night, I was in love with a girl who was a dealer...(sure as hell, she got popped by the big guys).'

-Tom Petty ('Girl on LSD', B-Side to the 'You Don't Know How It Feels' single (from Wildflowers), Tom Petty, 1994)

No comments:

Post a Comment