Monday, September 10, 2012

Visual: The First Rule... by Justin Reed

 

When it comes to fan art, it's hard to find a better representation of the source material than Justin Reed's Fight Club interpretation. With the mix of realistically portraying the characters with the twist of cartoon style, Reed's poster is a great example of an artist putting his own unique creativity into pop culture icons. If you enjoy this poster, I'd highly recommend researching Justin's other work, he has many itriguing interpretations of highly loved films like Scarface, Pulp Fiction, A Clockwork Orange, and more.

The photo featured here wasn't pulled off the internet, I took a 3-picture panorama of the poster on my bedroom wall. The university that I used to attend would hold yearly poster sales and I'd usually browse and wait for something to catch my eye. As soon as I saw Justin Reed's The First Rule of..., I knew it had to be on my wall.

For today's post, I couldn't get a straight up picture of the poster that I was satisfied with, so I broke it down into 3 frames and with the magic of my camera, the seams matched up perfectly. People like Justin Reed inspire me to embrace my creative aspirations and show my love for pieces of work that have influenced my life. Enjoy this poster and check out the rest of Justin Reed's work!

The First Rule... by Justin Reed, 2009.

Fight Club is written by Chuck Palahniuk (1996) , and adapted to film by David Fincher (director) and Jim Uhls (writer) in 1999.

The Narrator played by Edward Norton, Tyler Durden played by Brad Pitt, and Marla Singer played by Helena Bonham Carter.

No comments:

Post a Comment