Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Xavier Rudd says...

'I sit by my window, with everything I've done, doors that I've opened, and webs that I've spun, and the candle beside me, burns to the left, and the rain on the clay, sends a lizard to it's nest..and there'll be a time, when I hold you again, with my arms spread out, on my chest you will rest, I'll write you a letter, with everything I know, about the weight of the world and the way things could go...Now the ocean connects me, to everything I know, by mellowing my mind, so my heart it can call, with these trees as my witness, I'll slice up some fruit, and each to their peaceful good intentions and truth..there will be a time, when I will hold you again, with my arms spread out, I will dive right in, so now here is your letter, with everything I know, about the weight of the world and the way things could go.'

Xavier Rudd ('The Letter', Food in the Belly, Xavier Rudd, 2005)

No comments:

Post a Comment