Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Photography: Pumpkin Art

Halloween is probably my only favourite holiday, if you can call it that. Let's call it a 'special day', one where all of society agrees to lose their minds for a day, dress up in costumes, celebrate violence, and of course, eat tons of candy. And carving pumpkins is a strange art form that comes along with Halloween, one that I've been embracing over the past couple years.

Today, to honour one of the weirdest cultural traditions we have, I'm posting ChinaCat Sunflower's (on the left) and my (on the right) pumpkins from the last three years. Yes, that is a two-face style Batman/Joker design on the bottom right. I used Tim Sale's versions (from 'The Long Halloween' and 'The Dark Victory') of the characters as a template, I love how Sale does Joker's teeth. Happy Halloween!

 
 
 



Photographs taken by Chessterr Hollowberry in 2010, 2011, 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment