Monday, October 15, 2012

Rick Grimes says...

'No one is going anywhere. I am doing something, I'm keeping this group together, alive. And I've been doing that all along, no matter what, I didn't ask for this! I killed my best friend for you people for christ sake! You saw what he was like, how he pushed me, how he compromised us, how he threatened us. He staged the whole Randall thing, led me out to put a bullet in my back. He gave me no choice! He was my friend, but he came after me. My hands are clean. Maybe you people are better off without me. Go ahead, I say there's a place for us, but maybe, maybe it's just another pipe dream. Maybe, maybe I'm fooling myself again. Why don't, why don't you go find out yourself, send me a postcard. Go on, there's the door, if you can do better, let's see how far you get. No takers? Fine. But get one thing straight. You stay, this isn't a democracy anymore.'

Rick Grimes (played by Andrew Lincoln, 'Beside the Dying Fire', written by Robert Kirkman and Glen Mazzara, The Walking Dead, created by Frank Darabont, 2012)

Note: This marks the beginning of what Mazzara calls The Ricktatorship. If the opening of Season 3 is any indication, it seems to be working. The group is much more disciplined and confident in their skills. But how long will it last? The Governor may have something to say about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment