Thursday, October 18, 2012

Visual: Tool

Have I mentioned how much I admire and respect Tool? These days, I don't typically get into the metal side of rock music, but I think most Tool fans can agree that these guys transcend any sort of genre limitations. Sure, most of their music is moody, depressing, angry, cynical, and down-right mean, but the way they masterfully craft their songs impresses me every time. It may be dark music, but it's by no means thoughtless or empty. They definitely aren't a band you would just casually throw on to fill the silence, you really need to invest yourself in each album to fully understand and appreciate what they do with the creation of music.

I've had the pleasure of witnessing Tool live in concert twice, and both times they've proven to be one of the loudest and most colourful live acts in existence. Although they haven't set an official date for their next album, it's coming! And when I finally get a chance to experience it, I'm sure they'll once again redefine themselves and blow me away. Until then, enjoy looking at the weird geniuses that comprise one of the most unique bands on the planet, Tool.


 




Tool is Maynard James Keenan, Danny Carey, Justin Chancellor, and Adam Jones. I did not take any of those photos or design the Tool Eye logo, and I give full credit to whoever is responsible for these images.

No comments:

Post a Comment