Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Excerpt from 'Parts of Noah' (9): Sitting on a Curb

I sat on the curb in front of Cash's house for quite a while waiting for a sign of where I should go. I felt like I was sitting on the sun and stared until all I could see was red. This made me feel dizzy and that made my stomach burn, so I blinked until I got my vision back. Across the street, a little boy was feeding mud to his sister, sitting behind her and wrapping his arm around to her mouth as she licked each spoonful clean. You've never seen anyone be so obedient in their own self-destruction. This little girl just stared at me, smiling as he spooned this mess of dirt and worms and pebbles into her mouth, and she just kept swallowing. They looked exactly identical and for a moment I felt very calm and wondered what would have happened if I wasn't the only thing my creators brought to this world. I didn't doubt for a moment that I probably would have smothered or drowned or buried any sibling they would have introduced to me. I knew then that I needed some pills.

(End of Excerpt)

This is original writing from the short story titled 'Parts of Noah'. Please credit this work to the creator, Chessterr Hollowberry. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment