Saturday, November 17, 2012

Mitch Hedberg's 'Do You Believe in Gosh?': 10 Jokes

Mitch Hedberg was a one of a kind comedian. Sure, observational and one-liner comedians aren't very rare these days, but I've never seen another comic with anything close to the peculiar wit and comedic charm that Hedberg had. Unfortunately, bad drugs killed him back in 2005, but he left behind a lot of material to laugh at and appreciate. A major aspect of Mitch's comedy comes with his pacing and delivery, so I definitely recommend listening to his albums or watching his DVDs. But, for the purposes of this post, I've chosen 10 jokes from his Do You Believe in Gosh? album that are hilarious no matter what. If you like Mitch Hedberg's approach to comedy, check out Steven Wright and Stewart Francis.

And now, here are 10 jokes from Do You Believe in Gosh?, have fun laughing at this ridiculous world we live in. You died too soon, Mitch!

'I can read minds but, it's pointless cause I'm illiterate.'

'If I had a dollar for every time I said that, I'd be making money in a very weird way.'

'Is a hippopotamus a hippopotamus or just a really cool opotamus?'

'I saw a sheet lying on the floor, it must have been a ghost that had passed out... So I kicked it.'

'I have a vest. If I had my arms cut off, it would be a jacket.'

'What am I drinking? NyQuil on the rocks, for when you're feeling sick but sociable.'

'I had a piece of Carefree Sugarless gum and I was still worried. It never kicked in, I took it back to the store and said, Bullshit!'

'Steam rollers run shit over to make sure it's good. Like if they want to test a product, they'll run over it with a steam roller. How do you know the steam roller's good? Who ran over the steam roller?'

'My belt holds up my pants and my pants have belt loops that hold up the belt. What the fuck’s really goin on down there? Who is the real hero?'

'I'm sick of Soup of the Day, it's time we made a decision. I wanna know what the fuck Soup From Now On is.'


All these quotes were written and performed by Mitch Hedberg and featured on his Do You Believe in Gosh? album, 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment