Sunday, November 11, 2012

Photography: Colin James at the Commodore Ballroom



I had the pleasure of seeing Colin James and his band perform at The Commodore Ballroom in Vancouver, BC,  last night. Today, I'm celebrating one of my favourite blues men by posting a couple of pictures that my friend Corlin Rosewater took at the show. This is my fifth time seeing Colin play live and, while they have all been amazing shows, this was probably my favourite set list so far, and getting to see him at the best musical venue that Vancouver has to offer definitely helped my enjoyment. Colin James is generally recognized for a few hit songs he had back in the 80s and 90s, and he's generated a very loving and fun fanbase over the years. It's weird, at the age of 27, to be one of the youngest people at a show, but it's always fun to see the older folk having a good time and (trying to) dance. And although I didn't have much in common with the people around me, we all have one thing is common, and it was a common appreciation for the man on stage. Keep on rockin, Colin!

No comments:

Post a Comment