Sunday, December 9, 2012

Joss Whedon says...

'Take my love, take my land, take me where I cannot stand, I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me. Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't coming back, burn the land, and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me. Have no place I can be, since I found Serenity, but you can't take the sky from me.'

- Joss Whedon ('The Ballad of Serenity', performed by Sonny Rhodes, Firefly theme song, 2002)

Note: Encouraged by ChinaCat Sunflower, I'm finally getting into the insanely-praised and infamously-cancelled science fiction western series known as Firefly, created by Joss Whedon. With more wit and charm than you can fit on a spaceship, I can definitely see why this show is as beloved as it is. I still have a few more episodes to watch, along with the accompanying film Serenity, and then I'll make a proper post about the show. But for now, let's appreciate the theme song, written by Joss Whedon himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment