Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Curtis Stigers says...

'Riding through this world, all alone, God takes your soul, you're on your own, the crow flies straight, a perfect line, on the Devil's back, until you die..Gotta look this life in the eye.'

- Curtis Stigers 'This Life (Main Theme Edit)', written by Curtis Stigers and Kurt Sutter, Sons of Anarchy theme song performed by Curtis Stigers & The Forest Rangers, created by Kurt Sutter, 2008)

Note: Currently making my way through Season 3 of Sons of Anarchy. I started watching it over holiday break to satisfy my craving for crime drama while all my other favourites were on break. I was skeptical during the first few episodes, mostly because I'm not impressed at all by tough-guy biker gangs, but soon the character development and intensity got me hooked. Sometimes the show can be a bit too goofy and I'm not always interested in the plotlines, but the performances and writing are enough to keep me watching. I also like that it's never just one or two storylines per episode, plotlines get real messy with a lot of angles, which allows for the writers to be creative in how they develop or conclude storylines. With loathsome villains and brutal violence, Sons of Anarchy is a challenging watch, but it'll satisfy fans who appreciate complex, unpredictable, darkly hilarious crime drama.

No comments:

Post a Comment