Monday, January 21, 2013

Jenn Wasner says...

'I am nothing without pretend, I know my thoughts, can't live with them, I am nothing without a man, I know my faults, but I can hide them..I still sleep with my baby teeth in the bedside table with my jewelry, you still sleep in the bed with me, my jewelry and my baby teeth..I don't need another friend, when most of them I can barely keep up with, I'm perfectly able to hold my own hand, but I still can't kiss my own neck..I wanted to give you everything, but I still stand in awe of superficial things, I wanted to love you like my mother's mother's mothers did, civilian.'

- Jenn Wasner ('Civilian', Civilian, Wye Oak, 2011)

Note: First heard this song at the end of a Walking Dead episode titled '18 Miles Out', then again in Safety Not Guaranteed. Not my typical style of music but it's just so powerful and well written that it moves me everytime, I can't ignore it.

No comments:

Post a Comment